Business and technical development for the marine, hydrographic and geospatial engineering industries
Ed Danson FRICS FCInstCES FRAS
A Chartered Land and Hydrographic Surveyor and Corporate Engineering Surveyor, Ed Danson is the former president of the Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors. With a strong background in the civil engineering sector, in which he worked for twelve years, Ed broadened his interests to include the marine geospatial and hydrographic survey industry. He is a regular contributor to marine survey and technology journals and has written widely on his subjects. Outside of his professional activities, Ed Danson is a writer and commentator on early surveying science and is particularly well known for his pioneering research on the work of Mason & Dixon and on the early history of Earth measuring.
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (FInstCES)
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Member of The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain
- Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors: President of the Institution 2006-7
- Hydrographic Survey Panel; Chair, International Affairs Committee / Federation International de Geometre
- Camborne School of Mines: External examiner/accreditor, Land & Environmental Survey, MSc
- Netherlands Maritime University Rotterdam: External examiner/accreditor, IHO Cat. B hydrographic survey course
- University of Plymouth (2003-7): External examiner/accreditor, Marine Sciences MSc:
- University of East London: External examiner/accreditor, Surveying and Mapping Sciences BSc
- Southampton Solent University – visiting lecturer in marine geodesy
Linda Danson BA CertEd DipHE
A qualified teacher of English, Linda Danson works with companies to deliver cutting edge training programs for staff and business development. With a strong background in education and therapy, she is also a published author and can provide a full range of editing services.